Thursday, July 9, 2009

How do we get through to these people?

Well not much to write about in the news the last few days so I guess its time for another observation post.

I spent most of the day Wednesday with a group of 6 old retired guys. Now I am not gonna knock their age as it ranged from like 65 to 70 I can't say much as of course they are our future. Yet I noticed a disturbing trend among them.
Several years ago I had gotten behind in my child support. Not from lack of payment from the fact I had switched jobs and the state CSE didn't start taking it out despite the fact I sent in payments (Never credited to my account) and sent change of employment notification. I quickly got about 4000 bucks behind.
Not being stupid enough to hand my ex any real money or send in payments with money orders (the receipts saved my ASS I might add) that seemed to disappear I opened up a seperate savings account and deposited the monthly sum there. Anyway to make a long story short after about two years they did indeed come looking for me and the only thing that saved me were the receipts from payments made and never credited and the fact that I had the money ready to give it up. Of course the interest didn't even begin to pay the lawyer fee and it is still interesting to note that my EX is now more than 10 times further behind then I ever was and yet nothing has been done.
why is this story important? Well it showed me just how out of touch my father had become. While talking about the charges and my legal bills my father who is not a stupid man made the comment that I should just show up without a lawyer because of my low paying job I would be assigned one. I can only assume he still thinks we are in the 1960's when constitutional rights still mattered. While in court I saw the judge proclaim several people able to pay for a lawyer based on the fact they had had a job within the last 3 years and had no disability. So I conclude court appointed lawyers are long a thing of the past yet me father had no clue and didn't believe me when I pointed it out.
I got the same response from the other men yesterday. Not about that issue but issues on domestic violence, child support, you name it. None of these guys realize how these issues effect younger men and they cannot even fathom the lengths some of these have gone to. One man in particular, a retired lutheran school principal, couldn;t even believe the latest percentages of women vs. men in college. He was sure in his own mind more men went to college than women and was still certain as well men make more money then women.

This is the underlying problem we as anti-feminists face. Men in general fail to see an issue that does not effect them directly. I understand how these gentlemen can still be living with 1960's attitudes. They have never really had to face being constantly passed over because management is afraid a woman might complain, they never had to pay crippeling child support or alimony. Hell my father paid something like 100.00 a month back in the 70's and if he missed a month he doubled the next month to make up and my mother back then just put it all in my savings account until I finally told my dad to stop sending it because I had a job when I was 16 years old. No courts and no one cared and my mother did not see it as her payment anyway.
Most of these men have been married to one woman for almost 50 years and have no clue. A few had daughters so of course they are all for any pro-female actions.
The day left me slightly down trodden as I see no way to get through to men like these nor anyway to get through to the millions of men who are (in their minds) happily married for the moment. Until we find a way to get these issues out in the open men will continue to hide their heads in the sand and err to the side of chivalry.
Even right wing journalists like Fox news almost daily have politicians and others asking where did the stimulus money go. Yet not one person has brought up the gender gap in how that money was appropriated.
HOW do WE get Through to THESE People?


2 comments:

  1. Before sympathizing with you I would need to know why you got married in the first place, why you got divorced, and why your father got divorced.

    And yes I know the judiciary is an Alice in Wonderland trip most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't about sympathizing with me. I only wrote that blog to show how most men, too many men, only pay attention to things that effect them personally.

    One reason Feminism has been allowed to run so rampant.

    As to why I got divorced well, not like I had a choice lol although I am not sorry for that it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now the price my son had to pay and the 1000's of dollars it cost me are all because of the way the government treats men today.

    As for my dad, well he just wasn't attracted to my mother anymore after she gained a hundred pounds or so and spent all his money.

    I was old enough to see it happening and they are actually friends today and see each other regularly so who knows.

    ReplyDelete