Thursday, July 16, 2009

You kinda do have to give Ruth Madoff credit

I never really thought about it until I read this opinion article:
I mean I really at first wanted to blame this woman as much as the victims of her husband are blaming her. I wanted to see the rich snob woman ont he streets homeless as some sort of retaliation.
Yet this Maggie Gallagher does have a point in this quote.
It was the moment I realized that Ruth could -- with one decision -- make this all go away. All she'd have to do is divorce Bernie. Go on "Oprah" and emote about the victims. Share her raw emotions. Express meaningless sympathy. Publicly condemn her ex. Write a tell-all book about how women need to stay on top of the family finances. She'd be a modern-day heroine.
I would even take it further that all this woman would have to do is say that ol' Bernie had threatened her and slapped her around a bit and feminists everywhere would be screaming for her to have all the money stolen from men as "support".
Of course there is nothing saying she may not do something like this in the future, but for now she seems to be taking it and hasn't spoken out against her husband.
Maybe there is something about women born before feminism tainted them after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment