Sunday, June 21, 2009

Femenomics - 110 Insurance bias

All the recent hype about health care got me curious about private to corporate rates. One reason I have stayed in my dead end warehouse job (in fact the only reason) has been health insurance for my son. Of course my pro-choice ex wife is suppose to take care of this and hasn't so it is up to me.
Anyway I figured health insurance would have to be higher for women than men, and I found out that upto age 55 it is. At age 55 men's health insurance actually becomes more expensive due to prostrate cancer. As usual I also found about a million articles of women's groups fighting this tooth and nail but also as usual only the part that women have to pay more for.
This article which is a little old is interesting because in it the question of car insurance being higher for males is asked. The answer was given that it was OK and didn't apply since the question isn't about 17 year olds. Of course nothing about gender and if 17 year old females had to pay more I bet it would be mentioned.
Now of course I always figured I had to pay more for my car insurance (which actually is higher for men until something like 35 I think) because women didn't have the proper organ placement to receive any form of highway head. I am sure I used that excuse many times in college to convince said bimbo that I had already paid for the blow job so she should take care of that while I drove her 50 miles to go to the nice restaurant she wanted to eat at. Besides its a good appetiser for her.

Yet it isn't just car insurance, life insurance is also higher for men than women.
I would say in this one maybe a bit of non-gender bias laws might help men out, but of course only the one women have to pay more for will be adjusted and that adjustment will also mean down for them (Hmmm I am seeing a pattern of women going down and insurance here now), and men's payments going up.

No comments:

Post a Comment