Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Not enough bake sales

"Not enough bake sales to keep us in business" was the quote at the end of this article from Reutgers on the closing of a womens shelter near Chicago.
All I can say is its about time.
As feminism has pushed the U.S. government to fund these centers and shelters for women only, has pushed and received legislation that further lined the common female's pocket not only at the ex-husband's expense but at a cost to tax payers as a whole. And finally while backing every other social or animal rights legislation or special interest group in a cooperative action to lend more weight to their own moves, this country has run out of money.
The article also mentions how children are being placed with relatives now other than government run facilities, without the tests and what have you. To this I also say it's about time. This is how it should be, people should take care of their own.
I don't really know how this is going to turn out in the end. I am not some fall of civilization nut although I have always been happiest away from the city and have planted my 40 acres to be able to help keep my son and I alive if things fall apart.
I can tell you in the last few months the number of "stray" animals on my little hobby farm has grown higher than I have seen it in 20 years. One huge spotted lab cross dog has already moved into my house and lays at my feet as I write this. I have learned over the years that it is a good indication of bad times and this is the worse I have seen it since the middle 1980's and maybe worse than it was then. This animal was not some random born in the wild stray either he is well behaved and has lived inside a house before. The number of stray cats I see slinking around my barn has doubled in the last two months as well. Luckily the dog is male I am thinking about only sheltering males now.
As more and more men suffer job losses and are jailed because they cannot pay the crippling support to greedy ex-wives and as more and more money is sent where it isn't needed to fund more sexest womens "concerns" this will just get worse.
Sadly the most dangerous aspect of this is not the women's groups. Its the fact that it happens while we have a mangina president with total access to the printing press and a pro-leftist house and senate that will let him use that press. I am sure he will blame the printed money on George Bush as well.
Another interesting part in the article was the date given for the end of funding, July 1st. If that holds true as a more common date across the country then the worst is about to hit.
As much as I dislike what feminism has done and made this country into I pray it won't come to a bad end. I hope God is watching and I hope HE is listening.

2 comments:

  1. I did some checking and July 1st is the start of the new fiscal year for most government agencies. So it looks like the cuts will hit home in about 1 week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're correct, most government agencies run with a 6/30 year end. The Fed government runs on a 9/30 year end.

    However, I'm fairly certain that most government agencies already have their budgets/spending planned for the upcoming (6/30/10 y/e) fiscal year... that is, it probably won't be as drastic as you think.

    Not to discount your article at all, many programs are getting reduced budgets/spending already. HOWEVER - each city/state can decide what programs to cut or not (that is, its possible that shelters such as these never receive cuts).

    I know Hawaii's state budget is making huge cuts to government workers and education, I'm not too sure if any cuts are being made to social-type programs, though. Plus, a great portion of funding city/states receive is from federal dollars; so that article earlier about the stimulus money being used for female jobs...well...yeah.

    ReplyDelete